Amazingly, we have hit every single deadline we had set for ourselves: a spinning wheel by Confluence, and finalizing the bike fabriation by April 1st. That is not to say we haven’t had our moments of despair.
Anyways, here is the bike after we put everything together (keep in mind, the wheels weren’t true at the time)
Surprisingly the slipring contacts line up fine. We were worried that they would jump all around the tracks and short out, destroying our copper contacts in the process. Now to see how they’ll stand-up to wear.
Here’s a the heart of our power system. A bit janky, but it got us up and running.
We decided to add a kill switch (the button hanging out there) for fear of over charging the capacitor if the slip rings died of something. More pics to follow!